ECCE AGNUS DEI

Open to me the portals of repentence, O Christ our God.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

How will you celebrate the Motu Proprio?


I have come to the conclusion(not wrongly I pray)that the Motu Proprio freeing up the Ancient Roman Mass is a foregone conclusion at this point, and that the date of it's release is near.


Therefore, I have been giving some thought as to how I and my family will celebrate, since, after all, this will most likely be the single most important Papal act that I will be alive to witness.


That being the case, this is something that must be celebrated well.


On hearing the news, I will say "Praise be to Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd!"


Next, after all the jumping up and down and screaming, then composing myself, I will attempt to sing the Te Deum, with my family if we are together at the time.


Following the Te Deum and all the kissing and hugging, we will open a bottle of Champagne and drink a toast to His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI (this will be done with supreme relish).


After the Champagne, we will go to Church to tell our Eucharistic King how grateful we are for His great mercy and goodness in this act of the Pope.


Then we shall go out for dinner(no cooking that night)hopefully with many friends, and eat and drink as on a high feast day.


Finally we will pray the holy rosary in thanks giving to our Lady, who had no mean part in this great grace.





How Will you celebrate the Motu Proprio?








DEO GRATIAS!

2 comments:

JesusFreak84 said...

I will celebrate by lamenting that no priest near where I am would want to offer a TLM anyway. >_>

Well, that realization would come after I celebrated as I did the election of Cardinal Ratzinger to the Papacy: yelping for joy and dancing around the house (or my dorm, as the location may be, though I certainly hope this is out by the end of the summer.)

Annie Witz said...

I will call all of my new mass friends who think they are so obedient to the pope and rub it in that he is on my side!