ECCE AGNUS DEI

Open to me the portals of repentence, O Christ our God.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bourbon Review- Elijah Craig 12 Year Old

I recently bought a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 Year Old Kentucky Staight Bourbon Whiskey while on a trip up to Tax Free New Hampshire.

Elijah Craig Bourbon Whiskey is made by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Kentucky. One reviewer of this bourbon said-

"Nose: Real bourbon vanilla, with a touch of candy-store sweetness. Palate: Firm, malty, sweet. Some malty fruitiness (apricot?). A suggestion of cilantro. Finish: Licorice. Rooty. Comments: Less structured than might be expected in a 12-year-old, but a perilously drinkable, appetizing bourbon. Rating 7 ¾" -Michael Jackson, Whisky Magazine

As I have said before, I really have not met a Bourbon I don't like. Elijah Craig 12-year-old is a nice bourbon to my taste. A bit hot when had straight, but very drinkable on the rocks or with water. I paid $19.99 for the bottle pictured above and I can say it's well worth the price.


DEO GRATIAS!

No comments: